Friday, April 08, 2016


ERASED

TV show plot:  One man owns a bar that is not doing the best.  A friend offers to buy in.  They agree.

Then things take a turn for the worse.  Why?  Because the friend renames the bar, brings in some top singers and turns the bar into a success.  All the while, the original owner gets pushed into the background.  When things come to a head, the original owner told his friend, “You erased me.” 

YOU ERASED ME!  Powerful words from deep hurts that finally came out in total honesty.

Think about it for a minute.  “You erased me.”  Can you imagine feeling:

invisible?

like what you worked for was nothing?

betrayed by a friend?

hurt to the core?

Three simple words.  Three words that could have dissolved a friendship.  Instead, those three words, spoken in total honesty, restored a friendship. 

Just a TV show you say.  Not real life.  Probably not.  In real life the hurts are buried, words are never honestly spoken and friendships slip away. 

I really did not know where this would go and not sure how to end it.  I just know those three words:  You erased me, tore at my heart.  Although I have never said those words, people – family, friends, strangers – have made me feel each of those.  I have felt invisible.  I have felt like my work was for nothing.  I have been betrayed by a friend.  I have been hurt to the core.  I am guessing that each of us has.  Each one reading this could look the first man in the eyes and say, “Man, do I know how that feels!”

The question is:  How do we handle those feelings.  Are we honest about them?  Or do we hide them? 

Is there anyone we can talk to that truly, TRULY understands? 

Oh, yes.  That would be Jesus.  And we can go to Him.  He will listen.

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28

No comments: