Friday, January 02, 2015

NO FOX NEWS!!!

If you are family, friend or a friend on Facebook, you know I am very outspoken in my religious and political beliefs. I post comments to articles put out by religious and political organizations. And yes, I watch Fox News. Never fear though, I also read newspapers and rely on other sources to make sure I am "fair and balanced." I must admit I know I am right and those that do not agree with me are wrong. (TONGUE IN CHEEK AND WITH SARCASM.)

We have Dish Network and they seem to have a problem with Fox News and renewing their contract, possibly due to greed on both sides. The result is that I have NO FOX NEWS!!! I ended 2014 and am beginning 2015 with NO FOX NEWS! How will I survive?

I have briefly listened to CNN. That is not an option. I tried HLN. Fluff. For the sake of my blood pressure, I know better than to even listen to MSNBC. What to do? What to do?

How will I survive without Fox News?

The answer: Just fine thank you. When Fox and Dish finally settle on a contract, I will again start watching. Until then, I am just fine. There is life without Fox News.

I can get through life just fine without Fox News but I cannot get through life without knowing God is real, Jesus died for my sins and the Holy Spirit is in my soul.

My God is real:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8

I do believe my God is real. He is not some figment of my imagination. He created this world and all I have to do is look around and I see His love for me everywhere. Water to drink. Food to eat. People to love. And I am His child.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on me, that I should be called a child of God! And that is what I am! 1 John 3:1 (Personalized)

Jesus is the Son of my God and Jesus died for my sins:

For God so loved me that he gave his one and only Son, that because I believe in him I shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Personalized)

I do believe Jesus came to earth to be my Shepherd. To lead me to the Father. To show the way. To give me eternal life.

The Holy Spirit lives in my soul:

Peter replied, “Mary, repent and be baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And, Mary, you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38 (Personalized)

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved me, not because of righteous things I had done, but because of his mercy. He saved me through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on me generously through Jesus Christ my Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, I might become an heir having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:4-7 (Personalized)

I do not deserve nor can I ever earn the love of God nor the gift of the Holy Spirit but God gave me this gift anyway.

How will I survive without Fox News? Just fine thank you.

How would I survive without God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? I would not.

What about you? Can you survive without your favorite TV channel?

Can you survive without God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

My prayer for you during 2015 and beyond ---

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments: