Friday, October 17, 2014

WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT?

Sometimes the blog just seems to write itself. An idea pops in my little brain fully formed, flows from my fingers onto the keyboard and appears on the computer screen. Sometimes that just does not happen. Today is one of those days. I goggled "motivation" and up popped one site after another with quotes. Even that did not help. Until:

"Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is to rejuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They feel more joyous." Coco Chanel

Let me tell you - that did motivate me, but not in a good way. IT MADE ME MAD!! Fashion! Rejuvenate women! Look young! Then women will feel joyous! Then I thought, "Well she lived back in the dark ages and was brainwashed by society." Look young? I have earned every wrinkle! Every gray hair! Every additional pound! The part that makes me really mad is that, unlike men, women are still judged by their looks. Guess we are still being brainwashed by society.

Calm down. Look again. Maybe ---

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." Audrey Hepburn

"I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don't have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else?" Shailene Woodley

These made me feel sad for Ms. Hepburn and Ms. Woodley. I do enjoy life. I enjoy my life, but it is not all that matters. Most of the time I like myself, but putting your body, your soul, your capsule -- making self-love the most important thing in life would make the world revolve around you and I just don't think that is the way it works.

Getting nowhere fast, but not ready to give up, I tried again.

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" Mary Manin Morrissey

Finally! Some words of wisdom. Take your foot off the brake. Let go. Release hurt, fear and old pain. These make sense. Maybe I can find one more.

"The most important thing for me is having a relationship with God. To know that the owner, the creator of the universe loves you, sent His Son to die for your sins; that's very empowering. Knowing Him and knowing that He loves me gives me encouragement and confidence to move forward." Benjamin Carson

"There are many things that are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which cannot be acquired without prayer." John Wooden

Added bonus: I found two. What great quotes by Dr. Carson and Mr. Wooden.  These do motivate me.  Have a relationship with God.  Pray.  Yup.  I like these.

Where do you find motivation?

No comments: