Friday, October 31, 2014

DO YOU SEE A STORY?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Pictures can evoke such feelings: Joy. Wonder: Peace. Compassion. Fear. Anxiety. Sadness. Pain.

This picture was posted on Facebook (Phyllis's Art, fantasy and contemporary) and I was drawn in. It is so full of emotion. Usually I prefer the feeling of peace or wonder, but the pain in this picture made me want to sit beside her. Made me want to help her.

clip_image002

Can you see her pain? The young lady has her arms folded over her stomach and her head is down. Flowers from the bouquet have fallen onto the floor. Storm clouds cover the sky. She is alone. She looks so alone.

I wondered if she had just told a loved one goodbye. A black dress. Flowers. Hurting. And alone. She looks so alone.

She is safe inside but you can tell the storm has driven her to her knees. There is no shadow of someone standing close by to offer comfort. There are no hands gently touching her shoulders. She looks so alone.

Could she be praying? Could she be asking, "How can I bear this? The pain of this is ……." She looks so alone.

It would be great if life was always a picture of joy, wonder, peace and compassion. Life is not always like that. Life also comes with fear, anxiety, sadness and pain.

This young lady looks so alone. She does not have to be. You do not have to be alone when the storms come into your life. You may be on your knees, in a house by yourself and wondering how will I bear this, but you are not alone. You do not have to carry the burden by yourself or go through the storm alone.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Are you weary? Burdened? Do you need rest?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

No comments: