Friday, October 24, 2014

CLEANING

Oh my goodness! If you ever hear me say I am going to clean the pantry, please do an intervention and stop me. Such a simple organize-those-cans idea can lead to ---

= a trip to the store to replace outdated spices,

= cleaning the kitchen drawers because when the pantry was cleaned there was shelf space for all those I-don't-use-often-but-do-not-want-to-throw-away things,

= cleaning the shelves because after cleaning the drawers they looked messy,

= washing the canisters, salt and pepper shakers and those measuring spoons that got put away with just a bit of spices on them (probably those outdated ones I am now going to replace) but now look dirty next to the clean shelves,

= the counter tops because when I moved the canisters I saw the flour and sugar hiding behind them,

= which then made the stove top look a bit less than sparkling

and

= drat; now I see the dust on those empty wine bottles that did look just fine before the sink was scrubbed.

HELP!!! Once started there is no end to cleaning. Each clean spot makes the next spot look dirty. Oh no! There is a cobweb……………………

CLEANING ME

All this cleaning made me think about my life. What do I need to clean?

I need to search out things that misuse my time and energy. My hubby would say I should start with those silly games on the iPad. He is probably right.

I need to throw away bad habits. Cannot think of any at this moment but I am sure my kids, grandchildren or friends would be more than happy to point out one. Or two. Or three. Why would Bill not point out my bad habits? He is smarter than that. : )

I need to restock my shelves with patience, understanding, compassion, gratitude and a listening Spirit.

I need to fill a trash bag with my temper, an unyielding spirit and the word but when I am talking to God.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10

How is your life? Do you need to do a bit of cleaning?

No comments: