Friday, October 03, 2014

BALANCING THE CHECKBOOK

Do not know about you, but I want my checkbook to balance.

If the amount is off by a "3", I know to check my adding to see if I hit the wrong number on the adding machine. Yes, I still have one and I use it. If the amount is divisible by "9", I know I have transposed figures. These two mistakes are usually pretty quick and easy to find. It is that silly penny I hate!

I will look for a penny. Knowing it must be there somewhere; I will compare the bank statement to the checkbook. I will add and re-add each column. Then, when that elusive penny is found, the world goes back into alignment. A smile comes back to my face. All is right for another month.

A LOST COIN

Jesus is speaking: "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin. In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:8-10

Now that is a woman who would balance her checkbook.

NEWS FLASH!

Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’      Luke 15:3-6

Are you ready? This is important! Pay attention!!

Are you sitting down? Are you all ears? This IS REALLY important! Paying attention now?  Ready?

WE ARE THE SHEEP!

JESUS IS THE SHEPHERD!

WHEN ONE OF US GETS LOST, JESUS COMES LOOKING FOR US!

Told you it was really important!

1 comment:

Nana's Nook said...

This one was great!!! So true!! Jesus has a lot of lost sheep.