Friday, September 26, 2014

REFLECTION

clip_image002

This is my favorite picture taken on our 2006 trip to Alaska. We were traveling on my type of road. Bill calls them "How do you find these roads?" and I call them "There is no one coming in either direction!" So quiet and peaceful! (You did get the there was no one else on the road, didn't you?) Beautiful! The water was so still the reflection was perfect.

Exactly what is a reflection? The noun means:

~~ the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected

~~ an image; representation; counterpart

~~ the return of light, heat, sound, etc., after striking a surface

This got me to thinking. What would my reflection look like?

This is pretty easy to answer. There would be a face with gray hair, eyes looking out through glasses and --- but the Bible says:

As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man. Proverbs 27:19

What if my heart was reflected onto the water instead of my face? Would the image be different?

Would I only see myself? My thoughts? My actions? My feelings? That reflection would be self-centered wouldn't it?

Would I see the influence of others? Their thoughts? Their actions? Their feelings? That would not be a true reflection of who I am. It would be a reflection of how others want me to be.

OR would I see the reflection of the Lord's glory as 2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us:

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Wow! I sure hope it would be the reflection of the Lord's glory. That is so much better than a gray haired, self-centered, trying to please others woman that might be looking back at me.

Unveiled face -- Lord, tear away anything that covers my face which will stop Your Glory from shining through.

Transformed into His likeness -- Transform me Lord. Change my attitude, my desires, my goals into Your attitude, Your desires, Your goals.

Ever-increasing glory -- Lord, let my Spirit, the Holy Spirit you placed inside of me, ever increase until my reflection is only of YOU.

I have an amazing idea! Look into the lake with me.

Unveil your face.

Be transformed.

Allow your heart to reflect the Lord's glory.

Give your Spirit the space it needs to grow with ever-increasing glory.

Look again. What do you see now?

No comments: