Friday, September 19, 2014

OLD FRIEND

I graduated in 1964 and finally went to a reunion. MY 50 YEAR REUNION!! Does that make me old? Of course it does! Unless, that is, you just went to your 75th reunion, then I am just a young thing. I was amazed at how old everyone had gotten. Everyone except me. All that gray hair. Or no hair. Wrinkles sprinkled on cheeks and brows. Some have converted feed really well. (You have to have fed livestock to get that.)

Oh! My hair is gray. I call it character, but my face of character has been created by well-deserved wrinkles. And I have converted feed better than some. Is that how they all saw me?

One of the rewards of going was discovering a classmate/friend lived only 40 miles away. At the reunion, we promised to get together. Get together we did. We started talking at 5:00 PM, at a local restaurant, continued talking at our home where we allowed Bill to enter the conversation on a limited basis and finally said goodbye at 8:30 PM. Hard to condense 50 years into three and half hours. The conversation will be continued.

NOTE: Any former classmates reading this can be assured we only discussed good memories. Gossip waits till the next time!

A VERY LONG TIME

Has it been a long time since you visited with God? Have you had a heart to heart conversation with him? To you it might seem like a really long time, but God is eternal

In the beginning God -- Geneses 1:1

David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, “Praise be to you, Lord, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Chronicles 29:10

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

AND during this eternity, God is patiently waiting for you.

Maybe you have tried to hide from God.

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:1-5

        Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? Psalm 139:7

You cannot hide!

Maybe you have stayed away from God because you thought He would no longer recognize you with gray hair or pink hair or no hair. Or because of your sins.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Luke 12:7

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:19-23

Why did I miss going to all the other reunions? I could make excuses, but that is what they would be -- excuses.

Why do you miss going to God? You could make excuses, but that is what they will be -- excuses.

1 comment:

Nana's Nook said...

It always seems that when I need a lift I open Facebook and there is Mary-Marys Moments that gives me the lift I needed. The word of God! We all make excuses but I do my devotions daily. The only days I miss Church is when my body has no strength. I have found that if I look to Gods word more my strength gets stronger. Praise be to God!