Friday, June 27, 2014

TOO PRETTY TO CUT

My hubby loves rhubarb pie so I was the every loving wife and made him one. I cut the rhubarb. I cleaned it. I chopped it. I added the ingredients. I put it into the crust. Okay. It was a Pillsbury crust. I put the pie in the oven. I waited. I took the pie out.

THE PIE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!

clip_image002

The edges were a golden brown and just enough juice had seeped out to make it shine. The top crust was perfect. And the smell!! The whole house had a sweet aroma with just a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.

The pie was way too beautiful to cut! But I had made the pie to eat. What to do?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There was a Samaritan woman at the well when Jesus came by and he said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"

The woman was more than a bit shocked. Why did this man even speak to her? Samaritans and Jews did not work and play well together.

Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that ask you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

Wow. Living water just for the asking!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There that pie sat. All I had to do was cut it and we would be rewarded.

Yes, we cut the pie and it was as delicious as it looked.

clip_image004

There is only one piece left. Should I allow Bill to have the last piece?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Samaritan woman made a comment and Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Living water just for the asking!! Eternal life!!!

Scriptures from various verses in John 4:4-14

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If we had only looked at the pie, we would have missed out.

If we do not ask for the living water, we will miss out.

Do you want to look at what Jesus has to offer or do you want to receive what Jesus has to offer?

No comments: