Friday, June 06, 2014

HELLO MY NAME IS

Don't ya hate it when a song gets in your brain and takes up residence? It just repeats and repeats. Around and around. You hear it when you wake up in the middle of the night. You hear it when the room gets quiet.

You even hear it when the radio is playing another song. Don't ya hate it when a song gets in your brain and takes up residence?

I have one stuck in there and it can just stay because that song has caused me to add something to my bucket list. I want to go see Matthew West!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,

that we should be called children of God!

1 John 3:1

When I first heard the song, Hello My Name Is, I stopped in my tracks.

Hello, my name is regret -- Oh, how that fits my life. It fits all of our lives.

Hello, my name is defeat -- Yes, listened to that one too.

Voices, lies -- Why do I - we - listen to the voices of others and allow them to define us?  Why do I - we - listen to the lies?

I have believed them for the very last time -- Declaration of freedom!

No longer defined by all the wreckage behind -- Permission to let go!

Then my body stayed planted firmly on earth, but my Spirit soared. I am sure it circled the moon before it came back --

Hello, my name is child of the one true King! -- Yes! That is what I want to be called.

Saved! Changed! Free! -- Amen!

Oh, goodness! My fingers are having trouble staying on the keys. They want to get that CD, crank up the volume so I can sing along.

Hello, my name is child of the one true King

WANT TO JOIN ME?

2 comments:

Nana's Nook said...

Yes I want it too.

phaedra96 said...

I love that!!