Friday, November 02, 2012

IS THAT WITH A “K”, “Y” OR “IE”?

When we first started attending a new church, I discovered something. There were already two ladies named Mary. No problem. One was always called Mary. One was called Mary with addition of her middle name. That left me with Mary plus my last name.

We have more than one Barbara and more than one Joyce. At least three Debs. Sometimes you have to clarify which Barbara or Joyce or Deb, but, 30 some years later; people still use my full name. It has become an “inside” joke.

But names can be confusing and I think those with name of Cathy cause us the most trouble. There is a Cathy. Two that spell their names Kathy. Also a Cathie. Plus one Cathlyn who goes by Cathy. Making sure you have the spelling correct can be quite a challenge.

I think I got to thinking about names, because in five days, I celebrate another birthday. Number 66! So 66 years ago, my mother gave me a name.

SCRIPTURE: PSALM 139:13-4, 16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

WOW!! God made me. He wrote about me in His book. That means God knows how to spell my name. He doesn’t need a middle name. Or a last name. And He knows just how to spell each and every Cathy/Kathy/Cathie. Now doesn’t that just make you grin from ear to ear?

God! The creator of the universe knows me. Knows you. And He wrote about us in His book.

AND NOW

How does it feel to know that God cares so much for you that He knows your name? That He made you and that you are fearfully and wonderfully made?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

God, You know my name. You made me. You consider me wonderful. You wrote about me in Your book. Thank you. Amen

1 comment:

Laura said...

GREAT MESSAGE! I miss you guys.