Friday, February 10, 2012

I SAW GOD

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Have you ever wondered what God looks like?

SCRIPTURE: ISAIAH 6:1

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.

I SAW GOD

The other day I heard the old joke about the boy in art class and the teacher ask what he was drawing. The boy said, “God.” The teacher said, “No one knows what God looks like.” The boy replied, “They will now.”

Yup, an old joke, but how would you draw God?

I want you to know that, if I actually had the talent to draw anything other than stick people, I could draw God, because I have seen God.

Yes, I did! I saw God -

I saw the eyes of God. They were reflected in the eyes of my husband as he said, “I love you.”

I saw the hands of God. They were wrinkled with age, but they were full of canned goods for the food pantry.

I saw the back of God’s head and his ears. I saw them as a mother bent down to listen as a child tells about her day.

I saw the tears of God. God’s tears were on the cheeks of children as they watched their parent slip peacefully into death.

I saw the love of God. God’s love radiated in the room as parents met their newborn son.

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

God, I try to put my features on you. I want you to have my eyes. My smile. My hair. The truth is I do not know what you look like. Someday I will, but for now I will be satisfied in seeing you in the people around me. I pray others see you in me. Amen

No comments: