Friday, June 10, 2011

HOW COULD I FORGET THAT?

Mondays, during the summer, I spend with four of our grandsons. Sometimes we play board games. Sometimes we bake. We usually play wii. Sometimes we watch a movie. And sometimes we do a craft.

This last Monday the boys wanted to make garden stones like we did last summer. We did it once so now it is a tradition. A summer ritual.

I bought more quick crete and colored stones. When I checked my supplies, a new mixing bowl, strong spoon and plastic trays were added to the list. Everything we needed was now on hand and ready to be loaded into the car.

To make the process less messy, I even pre-measured the crete for each stone and bagged it separately. I was thinking ahead!

Into the car went the crete, the bowl, the spoon, the trays and all the goodies to decorate with.

The boys were excited when I arrived and out of the car came everything. The crete, the bowl, the spoon and all the goodies to decorate with. Did you notice that the trays did not come out of the car? They were no place to be found.

I looked three times! I just knew I had put them in the car.

Four very sweet grandsons said we could do them next week. IF I DIDN'T FORGET AGAIN.

We are human. We will forget things. God, on the other hand, will never forget us!!

My favorite Psalm is 139 and I read it often.

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: PSALM 139

O Lord, you have searched me, you know me, you perceive my thoughts, you discern my going out and my lying down, you are familiar with all my ways, you know my tongue completely, you are behind and before me and you have laid your hand upon me. parts of 1-6

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 7-10

WOW!! We forget little things. We forget big things. Some days we forget God. And sometimes those days stretch into weeks and years. But God never forgets us. He always has us held fast in His right hand.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Have you forgotten anything this week? How did it make you feel? Mad at yourself? Frustrated?

How does it make you feel to know that God never forgets you?

(In case you are wondering about the trays, I found them when I got home. When I picked up the supplies I was not taking with me, I put the trays in the wrong pile. My bad.)

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

O Lord, Sometimes I make plans and they just don't turn out right because I forgot one small item. Thank you for not forgetting even the smallest detail of the plan you have for me. Sometimes I forget someone's name. Thank you for not forgetting my name. Sometimes I forget where I put something. Thank you for always knowing where I am. That means I am never alone. Amen

No comments: