Friday, February 11, 2011

THE BIBLE IS FULL OF LIES

I have heard for years that the Bible is a lie. Well, I have decided they are right. The Bible is full of lies and it doesn't take long for the lies to begin.

Genesis 3:4: "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. See! There are lies in the Bible. In the very first Book, the serpent lied to the woman to get her to do what he wanted.

And those brothers lied about Joseph. Genesis 37:12-36 tells how the brothers sold Joseph and then let Jacob think his favorite son was dead. Talk about lies! And all because they were jealous.

There are also lies in the New Testament. One of Jesus' disciples lied. Not once, but three times! "I don't know what you're talking about," he said. "I don't know the man." And then a third time, Peter swore, "I don't know the man!" Well, of course Peter knew Jesus. Peter lied!!!

Oh, there are more lies. Leaders and kings lied about the power of their gods so the people would follow them. A father lied and tricked a man into marrying his oldest daughter. A woman lied about switching her dead baby for a live baby.

Men lied.

Women lied.

But, mainly, the devil lied. That is Satan's biggest weapon. Lies he tells and lies he puts into the hearts of others. Satan knows how to use each of our fears. Doubts. Desires. And misguided emotions of pride, envy, jealousy and greed. Satan uses us to get his work done.

Matthew 4:8: Again, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Now, if that is not a big, bold faced lie, I have never heard one.

But, Jesus knew it was a lie and he knew what to do. Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan. For it is written; 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you know what to do when that ole, sneaky, snaky, mouth-full-of-lies devil comes toward you?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Lord, I do know what it feels like to have the devil put lies into my heart. Those lies make me question who I am. They make me question my worth. They make me question my faith. Today I ask for wisdom and strength. I need the wisdom of Your Word because it is through Your Word that I will recognize the lies of Satan. I need strength. Strength to say, "Away from me, Satan. I worship the Lord my God and serve Him only." Amen

No comments: