Friday, December 31, 2010

IT SOUNDED GOOD

May 2011 be filled with the peace, joy and hope that only God can give and the love you deserve from those around you. HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Mary

IT SOUNDED GOOD

"Now that sounds good. And looks easy to make." I thought as I looked at the back of a box of macaroni and cheese. I saved the recipe for someday when I needed something quick to fix.

Wednesday was that day. All the ingredients were in the pantry so I started mixing.

1 box macaroni and cheese, cooked as directed and 2 cans no bean chili stirred together and put into baking dish, topped with 1 box cornbread mix, prepared as directed. Put in oven and bake. Easy! Looked good when I took it out of the oven.

Then we took a bite. My poor husband had this look in his eyes that said, "How do I tell her this is not fit to eat?"

I took pity on him and said it first, "This is awful."

I don't know what happened but this recipe just did not work for us. Although we grew up being told to clean our plates because some child was starving in China, we quickly tossed the whole thing.

2010 ends at midnight and we have a new year in front of us.

Look back at 2010 and at midnight toss all the things that just did not work. The things in your life that have a negative hold on you. The resentments you just refuse to let go of. At midnight, let go!

Look forward to 2011 and at 12:01, take hold of -- take hold of nothing. At 12:01, open your hands, both hands, palm up and say, "God, I am ready for all the wonders and blessings you have waiting for me during this new year."

TODAYS SCRIPTURE AND PRAYER:

Please end this year reading your favorite scripture and offering a prayer from your heart, in your own words.

(Don't have a favorite scripture? Try Psalm 86:11-13, Isaiah 58:11, Matthew 11:28-30 or 1 John 3:1.)

No comments: