Friday, July 02, 2010

DECLARING MY DEPENDENCE

DECLARING MY DEPENDENCE

Nope, that is not a typo.

Each July 4th the United States of America celebrates Independence Day. This celebration is to remind us of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, which declared our independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. With that declaration, we became a country that governs ourselves and has sovereignty over our own land. As an American, I celebrate living independent of the laws or control of another country.

Dependent is when a person relies on or trusts another to take care of them. So, I am declaring my dependence.

I am declaring my dependence on the Kingdom of God.

This is a short list of things I am dependent upon the Kingdom of God for:

  • Grace which I do not deserve
  • Salvation which I can never earn
  • Forgiveness of my sins
  • A strong Holy Spirit
  • Peace for my soul
  • Every breath I take
  • Eternal Life

On this July 4th and every day, I DECLARE MY DEPENDENCE ON GOD.

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: PSALM 62:7

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you dependent upon God?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. My soul finds rest in You alone. You are my salvation, my rock, my fortress. When I am dependent upon You, I can never be shaken. I find my rest in You. My hope. I trust You at all times. I pour out my heart to You and know You will give me refuge. Hear my cry, O God. Listen to my Declaration of Dependency. Listen as I declare my dependency on You. Amen

No comments: