Friday, November 13, 2009

RANDOM SCRIPTURES

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: COLOSSIANS 3:16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.

RANDOM SCRIPTURES

Because I have never been good at memorization, I spend a lot of time in the general index and concordance of my Bible. To find the appropriate scripture for my blog, I usually read ten or twelve. And that is after going through the concordance looking at key words. God chuckles every time I have trouble finding what I am looking for. It is His way of making me search His Word. Today I would like to share some of my favorite scriptures.

When I am feeling, "Well, Mary aren't you something!" I read Job 38 - 41. Yes all of them. God tells Job, "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer." God then ask Job, "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?" For Job, it goes downhill from there. Believe me, if God told me to brace myself, I would be scared to death. Yes, these chapters put pride in its place.

Psalm 34:4 is a comfort when afraid. "I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."

Every morning remember Psalm 143:8. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul."

Many times, the verse that says mega tons about my day is Isaiah 48:18. "If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea."

And, when one of those days happens, offer Psalm 141:1-2. "Oh Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you. May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice."

Always remember 1 John 3:1. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

2 Samuel 22:31 says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless." What do we do with God's flawless Word? James 1:22 tells us, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

God just smiled. "Yes, Mary. Read and then do it."

I had to find just one more scripture didn't I?

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Are you good at memorizing? What is your favorite scripture? Do you have a way of keeping track of scriptures that jump out at you?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY: 1 Timothy 1:17

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen

No comments: