Friday, June 26, 2009

GOD SAID

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: Genesis 1

(Please read this first chapter of the Bible. I am only quoting two lines: In the beginning God created and And God said,

GOD SAID

I love the way the Bible starts: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Wouldn't it have been great to be there? To see God create? I picture God, filling a void in space with our earth. A planet God was preparing just for us. Now how cool is that? The Bible says, "the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." Yes, God was getting a place ready for us.

Do I believe that God created the world? YES. Do I think He did it in what we consider six days? No. I think God created in God's idea of time and not ours.

"And God said." The earth was created and then the fun began. Light. Sky. Land and seas. Then came all the plants. And the sun, the moon and the stars. Living creatures, in the water, the air and on land. Finally, God created man.

What an imagination God has. And a sense of humor. But most amazing (Are you ready?) is the 'God said' part. Just think about it. God said, "Let there be ····· ". That is all God had to do. God said and it happened. God said and a lion roared. God said and a whale leaped from the water. God said and day became night. God said and a zebra checked out her stripes. God said and a monkey climbed a tree. God said and lilies grew in the fields and sparrows flew in the sky.

God said and you were formed in your mother's womb.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Can you look around and see God's creations? Do you realize God made all of this for you?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Thank you God. Thank you! I see you everywhere I look. In the sunset. The sunrise. The silly monkeys and the eagles. I see you in the creeks and the oceans. I see you in the deserts and in the mountains. I see you in the twinkling stars. I see you in a rose. Thank you for creating me. .… Amen

Last night a group of ladies came to our home to discuss a study we are doing.  This picture shows you the benediction God gave to our meeting.

IMG_0616 

This morning I knew I had to add this to my blog.  Again, a confirmation of creation.  “And God said”

No comments: