Friday, May 01, 2009

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY

TODAYS SCRIPTURE:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY

Rain, Rain, Go away -- Come again another day.

That is the chant of everyone in our area. Fields sit waiting to be planted. Fertilizer is ready to serve its purpose. Anhydrous is getting claustrophobic in the tanks. Farmers are getting extremely anxious. Farm wives are wondering what to do with all the bread and supplies they had ready for those meals-in-the-field.

To say we are having a bit of a wet spring is an understatement. And people are getting on edge. Those farmers want to get in the fields. They want to get the corn and beans planted. They want -- They want to do what they were born to do: Farm.

Sometimes we think our work is the most important thing we do. Our work is who we are. But is it?

Have you heard of My Utmost for His Highest? This book of daily devotionals was prepared from writings of Oswald Chambers. I read this book in 2006, 2007 and 2008. I am working on 2009. I have underlined. I have made notes. Many times, I have put questions marks because I do not understand. When I started this writing, I was not sure where it was going. To be honest, I don't usually know where my writings are going. They just seem to have a mind of their own. But, as I wrote, "But is it?" I remembered something I had read.

December 18: The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us -- "I reckon on you for extreme service, with no complaining on your part and no explanation on Mine." God wants to use us as He used His own Son.

Sometimes we think our work is the most important thing we do. Our work is who we are. But is it? The answer is yes, if we are allowing God to do His work through us.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Are you allowing God's work to flow through you?

Do you have a prayer you would like to share with others? Or would you like to tell how God is using you? If so, leave a comment.

PRAYER

Hello God, I am ready. Ready to fulfill the purpose you have for my life. The exciting part is that you want to use me. The scary part is that I am not always sure I can do your bidding. Sometimes I am held back by what I want to do. Or what others think I should do. Or -- oh so many things pull me one direction or another. Please show me the way I should be going. Show me the work you have planned for me. The work you have equipped me to do. Lord, I do love you and I am ready to serve. Amen

No comments: