Friday, March 28, 2008

NOW WE WAIT -- HE IS COMING

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: LUKE 21:27-28

At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

NOW WE WAIT -- HE IS COMING

Easter is over and now we wait. Jesus went to be with his father, but he is coming back. So we wait.

Have you ever heard the song, The King is Coming, by Bill Gaither? What a powerful picture this song paints. Jesus is coming! He is returning! This song tells us that:

~~The chariots will rumble and there will be a marching throng.
~~There will be a flurry of trumpets and regal robes will unfold.
~~Heaven's choir will sing Amazing Grace.

Do you know who will be waiting to greet Jesus? This song says:

~~Those whose lives have been redeemed.
~~Those whose homes have been mended.
~~Those who from prison have been freed.
~~Those who were crippled, broken and ruined but are now clad in garments white as snow.

The best lines are in the chorus. They are:

~~I just heard the trumpets sounding and now His face, I see.
~~The King is coming
~~Praise God He's coming for me.

Yes, Easter is over and now we wait.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Can you picture that? Can you imagine what it will feel like to see Jesus coming back? To see his face? To know that He is coming for you?

Did you celebrate Easter? On Monday, did your life go back to the day-to-day routine? Or are you excited and waiting? What are you going to do while you wait? (Jesus does not want you just to sit. He wants you to be busy until He comes.)

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

The King is coming. What glorious words. Jesus, I did celebrate Easter. I celebrated your resurrection. I am now waiting. I will be so excited to hear the trumpets. And your heavenly choir. And to see your face. I am waiting. Dear Jesus, while I wait, guide me. Lead me on your path. Let me be a light for others. Dear Jesus, while I wait, let me …… Amen

No comments: