Thursday, February 28, 2008

GOD'S GLORY

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: 1 CHRONICLES 29:10-13

David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, "Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

GOD'S GLORY

One of our lessons this week, in a Beth Moore Bible Study, was 'Created for His Glory'. We learned that God's glory always has an impact. That God makes Himself known through His glory and that God's glory is part of who He is.

Next came a simple activity: Write your own definition of God's glory.

God's glory reaches from the stars to the bottom of the ocean. God's glory wakes us as the sun rises and tells us to rest when the sun sets. God's glory begins with each birth and continues into eternal life.

Personally, God's glory puts tears in my eyes when my Spirit sings and His glory washes my feet when I walk the beach. God's glory makes my heart leap when I see love in another's eyes.

God's glory gives me comfort when I pray and encourages me as I worship. God's glory renews me as I take communion. God's glory refreshes me when I feel a gentle breeze.

God's glory guides me when others ask me to pray for them. God's glory surrounds and upholds me.

Yes, God's glory does make an impact and is how he makes Himself known to us. God's glory - well, God's glory just IS.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Where do you see God's glory?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Glorious God, What wonders you have given me. I see Your glory in the mountains and in the sea and in the birds. I see Your glory in the trees and the flowers and in the dirt surrounding their roots. I see Your glory in my own life as I understand and accept that you created me. Glorious God, plant me in Your kingdom and surround me so I may grow like the trees and the flowers. Let the dirt around my roots be strengthened and watered be Your glory. .………………………………… Amen

No comments: