Friday, December 07, 2007

CHRISTMAS -- A "CHANCE"

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Luke 1:30-33

But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

CHRISTMAS -- A "CHANCE"

I love Christmas -- it's a chance. A chance is an opportunity and, at Christmas, the list of chances can be unending.

A "chance" to sing a song - a song of the magic of Christmas. Songs of children and stars. Of family and of a humble birthplace.

A "chance" to reach out. The meaning of Christmas is giving and we need to help those who otherwise would have an empty day. Maybe just the sound of a voice - it can be so quiet when you are alone.

A "chance" to say I Love You, I Care, I Remember. So many beautiful cards and each one saying "I am thinking about YOU."

A "chance" to say I am sorry. This is the perfect time to apologize, to renew old friendships, to take back the words spoken in haste and to make families whole again.

A "chance" to believe in miracles. The miracle of the first Christmas and the gift of a baby. The light in the eyes of children. The beauty of the first snow and knowing the spring will bring flowers.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Christmas is a little more than two weeks away. Are you ready? Is there one more thing you need to do? You have a chance to do it in the next two weeks. Is there a song you want to sing? Someone you want to talk to? Someone you want to apologize to? This is the season to believe in miracles. Take a chance -- BELIEVE.

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear giver of miracles, I do believe and I know that the birth of your Son was a miracle. A gift you gave me. Let me grab a hold of the miracle and use it to sing. To reach out to others with words like I love you and I care. Let me grab a hold and use the strength of that miracle to say I am sorry and to renew old friendships and heal family hurts. I do believe and I want to use this time before Christmas to prepare a celebration to honor the birth of Jesus. ………………………………… Amen

No comments: