Friday, June 15, 2007

HANDPRINTS

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4:11-13

It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the son of god and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

HANDPRINTS

I looked out the window this morning and remembered a time when Timothy came for a visit, about a year ago. Yes, he has been here since, but this is what I wrote the morning after that visit. --

Timothy was here yesterday. I was reminded of that fact when the morning sun hit the kitchen window. Timothy is two and he loves to look out windows. He loves to stand on the kitchen counter, look out the window and tell me about the birds and the cows. At least that is what I think he is telling me. I only have grandma ears, so I pick up most of the words but not all of them. Whatever he says though must be quite some story. He gets excited and points. And he puts his hands on the window.

I probably should wash that window. The sun makes it look pretty bad. Handprints and fingerprints are as high as a two year old can reach. Yes, I should wash that window but I think I will wait a few days. When I see that handprint, I think of Timothy and smile.

So let the sun shine on the window and let the handprint glow.

Wow, guess that is sorta like us. We travel though this life leaving our prints everywhere. We are very blessed, because Jesus can wash away our bad prints. We are very blessed, because when the light of the Son shines on our good prints, they glow.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Where have you left your handprints? Have you helped the earth by recycling? Have you left your print when you volunteered at a soup kitchen? Have you left your print in the hand of another when you extended the hand of friendship? Where have you left your print? Will it glow?


Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear Lord, Thank you for so many opportunities to leave my handprint on your world. Guide my hands in such a way that my handprints help and that they lead others to you. I want my prints to glow when the light of Your Son shines on them. I want my handprints to ………………………………… Amen

No comments: