Friday, June 22, 2007

ALREADY TAKEN CARE OF

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

"… and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Please read Psalm 139

Jesus speaking to Saul (Paul) "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting." the Lord replied. "Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." Acts 26:15-17

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4

OH, NEVER MIND -- ALREADY TAKEN CARE OF

One day, shortly before Easter, our grandson Matthew called and, while we were talking, asked, "Grandma, can you bring eggs on Easter so we can hunt them?" In the background, his mother told him they were doing eggs. Matthew told me, "Oh, never mind." A request not needed, it was already taken care of.

How many request do we make that are already taken care of?

"Dear Lord, I am feeling alone." Jesus reminds us that He is with us always. "Oh, never mind." -- Taken care of -- Matthew 28:20

"Dear Lord, do you know me?" This Psalm tells us that God knows when we sit and when we rise, is familiar with our ways and knows a word before it is on our tongue. "Oh, never mind." -- Taken care of -- Psalm 139

"Dear Lord, I have sinned and I am sorry. How do I receive forgiveness?" Through Jesus, our sins can be forgiven. "Oh, never mind." -- Taken care of -- Acts 26:15-17

"Dear Lord, I worry about eternity." Jesus assures us that there will be a place in his Father's house. "Oh, never mind." -- Taken care of -- John 14:1-4

I know that being alone, wondering if God really knows who I am, fearing that my sins are too great to be forgiven and trying to picture eternity are deep, deep concerns and I am not using "Oh, never mind." in a flippant manner. It is used to show that many of the things we fear or questions we have are already Taken care of. Hopefully these verses can help you during these times.

God knows our fears and He knows each of us as a unique individual. We just need to listen and have faith.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

When are times that you feel separated from God? When do have the most questions? Do you have a prayer partner or someone you can call when you are having rough times?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you as a thankful child who has received everything I need. Let my eyes see your wonders and my ears hear your words. Let my mind understand your ways and fill my very being with the Holy Spirit. When I have questions, calm me with the reassurance that you have the answer. Lead me, guide me and be beside me always as I ………………………………… Amen

No comments: