Friday, May 04, 2007

YOUR STORY --- THE BEGINNING, THE MIDDLE AND THE END

TODAY'S SCRIPTURES:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 2:10

YOUR STORY --- THE BEGINNING, THE MIDDLE AND THE END

We often think of the Bible as the whole story, but the Bible is only the beginning and end of “Your Story.”

Please read this section aloud. It is about you. -----

MY STORY

The Bible tells me, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” It also says, “… male and female he created them.” My story began that day and what a wonderful way for my story to begin – with God. And in a world, God made just for me. Not just any world either. A world that held everything I would ever need. Food, clothing, shelter, companions and, most importantly, a loving God who wanted me to celebrate my life in His world. What a way for my story to begin! (Read Psalm 139:13-18)

God knew I would get into trouble. He knew I would need help, so he sent his Son. The Christmas and Easter message assures me that I will make it from the beginning of my story to the end. (Read Philippians 3:12-16)

The Bible tells me, “Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.” That will be the end of my story. The goal I am moving toward. My eternal reward. My life in the light of God. (Read Revelation 22:17)

What about the middle of my life? That part of my story is still being written. Each day I am writing the middle of my life.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

How will you write the rest of “your story?” Will you draw from the beginning of your story and all of God’s promises? Will you accept the gift Jesus has offered you? Will each day be a step closer to the end of your story? How will you do this? What are your strengths? Where are you weak?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from you heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you have been with me from the first breath I took. I am so thankful that your Son paid the price for my sins. I am so thankful that, when my time comes, you have a crown ready for me. I ask that you guide me as I work on my life. I ask that you ………………………………… Amen

No comments: