Friday, April 13, 2007

STOP THE CLOCK

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Ecclesiastes 3:1 - 8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

STOP THE CLOCK

Are the days getting shorter? I know there are 24 hours in each day, but it sure does seem like time is flying by. It is April already! Time can go so fast. Just yesterday --

Just yesterday, we were eating turnips and now it is time to plant the garden again. Bill has the potatoes and onions planted. The rhubarb is up. When the snow quits (Yes it is still snowing in Indiana. In April!) He will plant corn, green beans and tomatoes.

Just yesterday, I did the monthly reports and it is time to do them again.

Just yesterday, I cleaned the house and – okay, so it was not yesterday and we will forget this example.

Just yesterday, Kailyn was born and she is in the sixth grade now. Matthew is in the fourth grade. Joshua is in the first grade. Nathan is in kindergarten and Noah and Timothy are not far behind.

Just yesterday, I graduated from high school – oops, that was 43 years ago.

Just yesterday, I married Bill – oops, that was almost 42 years ago.

Just yesterday, I had a baby – oops, that was 40 years ago.

We mark our lives by the passing of time and events. The garden season. Work to be done. Grandchildren growing up. When we graduate, when we marry, when we have our own children.

Time goes fast, so do not let life pass you by. We must enjoy and take advantage of each day.

Do something today to celebrate. Blow bubbles. Wiggle your toes in the mud. Sing even if you are not in the shower. Watch the sunrise and the sunset. Talk to God.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you think time is going too fast? What do you wish you had time to do? How can you change your life to allow more time for the important things -- for family? For friends? For yourself? For God?

LET US PRAY

My Precious God, Slow me down. I rush from this to that and forget to enjoy the day. I want to laugh like a child. I want to enjoy the rain. I want to thank you for flowers and trees. I want to close my eyes, take a deep slow breath and quietly talk to you. Hear my prayer and quiet my fears. Lord, help me have time for ………………………………… Amen

2 comments:

Kelley said...

You have a very encouraging blog :) Keep it up :)

Mary said...

Kelley -- Thank you for the kind words. If you ever have a special concern, let me know. Mary