Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas ! ! ! I hope your Christmas day will be a time to remember the best Christmas gift ever -- The gift of the Christ Child. This Christmas let us all unite in a prayer for peace. -- Mary

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER --

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”

Luke 2:8-15

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father, It’s Christmas morning and I awoke early. I have always loved getting up early this one day of the year. As a child I would lie in bed, as the rest of the house slept, wanting to shout, “It’s Christmas! Wake up!” I must confess that I was too excited to sleep because of the gifts under the tree. I was wondering what I would find. Would the gift be what I had asked for?
I became a wife and then a mother. I still could not sleep on Christmas morning. I would get up and wait for our son, Bill, and our daughter, Terri, to wake up. Sometimes I would wake them, because I could not stand the quiet anymore. “It’s Christmas! Wake up!” I must admit that, as a mother, I was too excited to sleep because I wanted to see the reaction of the children. Did they receive the gift they dreamed of?
As a wife, mother and grandmother, I still like getting up early on Christmas Day. Not quite as early as years past, but I am still too excited to sleep in. But now I know what was really calling me all these years. “It is Christmas! Wake up!”
Oh Lord, is that the way you feel? Do you get excited every Christmas? Do you look at your children and anticipate their waking up? Do you wait for them to begin the day? This special day. Proclaiming from heaven, “It’s Christmas! Wake up!” Do you look at the faces of your children as they celebrate the gift you sent?
Merry Christmas God. Thank you for the gift of Jesus. The gift I use everyday of my life. The gift that makes me get up early Christmas morning and shout, “It’s Christmas! Wake up!” Amen

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you enjoy Christmas? Do you celebrate the real meaning or just open gifts and eat? Do memories of past Christmas days enrich your Christmas celebration or do those memories bring tears? (I hope they enrich your life, but if they bring tears, know that God sent the gift that dries those tears away.)

LET US PRAY

Dear God, Do wake me up. Do not let me sleep and miss Christmas. Do wake me up. Do not let me sleep and miss what you have to offer. I cannot imagine what the shepherds thought when they heard the heavenly host making such a noise. I bet they were scared. Sometimes I am scared, but the more awake I become to your word, the fears fall away. Do wake me up. Do not let me sleep and miss ………………………………… Amen

No comments: